A new job, a slew of recent travels and a very busy life in general have left me blogging, well, not at all over the past several months.
Like they always say, the first thing to go when life gets busy is the blogging. (I'm not sure if anyone has ever said this before in the history of mankind and I'm not even sure it's true for the majority of people, but it has been for me).
But I'm back... at least for now. And I'm finally enjoying a little bit of unwind time, wearing sweats and slippers, at my in-laws' house up in the woodsy parts of New Hampshire.
Over the past 20 or so days, presumably in honor of Thanksgiving, I've been seeing a lot of people on Facebook post daily status updates about the things they are thankful for. And I decided I couldn't let this day come and go without making a little Thanksgiving list of my own.
25 things I am thankful for (in no particular order ):
1. Avocados. Probably the source of half my daily caloric intake.
2. My yoga mat. The place I can always go to again and again to escape from life's craziness and find a sense of peace and contentment.
3. Homeland. Breaking Bad. Mad Men. And, I'll admit it, the Housewives of New York, New Jersey and Beverly Hills. (Ladies, you are a source of endless (and mindless) entertainment.)
4. The kiss and big squeeze I get from my husband every night before we go to bed. It's hands down my favorite part of each day.
5. The fact that I get to share my life and dreams with someone who is incredibly thoughtful, loving, compassionate, intriguing and inspiring.
6. The world. All the beautiful, fascinating places I've been lucky enough to see and all the magical places I'd like to visit one day.
7. The Twilight series. But mostly Robert Pattinson.
8. Wholesome, healthy, home-cooked meals, like the one I'm about to eat today.
9. Pinot Grigio, Sancerre and any type of red wine.
10. My brilliant, beautiful, savvy, strong-willed, talented, hilarious girlfriends. You know who you are.
11. All of the wonderful friends and family in my life in general. They make life worth living.
12. The people who read my blog.
13. My parents. They are a source of endless love, encouragement and support and I wouldn't be where I am today without them.
14. Laughter. The kind that has you in tears and leaves your belly aching.
15. Handstands. Or rather, handstand attempts.
16. My fuzzy Ugg slippers.
17. Staralfur by Sigur Ros. Such a great song.
18. My best friend who lives across the country but who is and will always be my rock in life.
19. The Kula Yoga Project.
20. My good health.
21. My breath. How it helps me connect to the present moment and tap into a state of peace and tranquility.
22. New York City restaurants.
23. Book club and yoga club.
24. My Brookstone nap blanket.
25. The electricity and warm water in my Manhattan apartment.